KYBELLA® | Manhattan New York
What is Submental Fullness
- Submental fullness is due to submental fat, sometimes referred to as "double chin," is a common, yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance – leading to an older and heavier look.
- Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, and is not limited to people who are overweight. This condition can impact men or women of average weight and can be caused by aging, genetics, and weight gain. It is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
- According to a 2014 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), over 2/3 of consumers are bothered by submental fullness – nearly as many as those bothered by lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
What is KYBELLA® (DEOXYCHOLIC ACID) injection?
- KYBELLA® (DEOXYCHOLIC ACID) injection, also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA® is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults. The safe and effective use of KYBELLA® for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
How is KYBELLA® Administered?
- KYBELLA® is administered by injections into the fat under the chin
- Each in-office treatment session is typically 30 minutes
- Treatment with KYBELLA® is tailored by Dr. Zimm to the individual patient’s submental fat distribution and aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
What are the side effects with KYBELLA®
- The safety profile of KYBELLA® is well characterized. The most common side effects include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness or formation of areas of hardness of firmness. Adverse reactions with KYBELLA® infrequently resulted in discontinuation from study (1.6% of participants).
What’s So Special About Kybella®
Dear Dr. Zimm,
I have (what some would say) a turkey neck. Recently, a friend told me about Kybella® and I wanted to learn more about it. Can you shine some light on this for me?
Read Full Article