Chin Implant | Manhattan New York
To enhance and define the facial contour and jawline.
CHIN AUGMENTATION: Incisions are made in a crease under the chin and a pocket is created to help the implant rest on the bone. The implant is inserted and secured with sutures.
Create more definition and projection for a weak chin, improve the overall facial profile, draw attention to the eyes for a more elegant appearance, and increase the strength of facial features.
- A sensory nerve in the chin may be affected, resulting in temporary, or very rarely, permanent numbness of the lip.
- Rare incidence of infection.
- Implant malplacement or displacement, which may rarely require revision surgery.
- The degree of augmentation required, depending on the patient's desire for drama or subtlety.
- Facial asymmetries that may affect final results.
- Dental malocclusion or other jaw conditions, which could be better treated through oral surgery and/or orthodontics rather than chin augmentation.
- The shape and size of chin implants.
- If rhinoplasty should be considered in conjunction with chin augmentation for better results.
- CHIN AUGMENTATION: Takes approximately 1 hour, or 30 minutes when performed in conjunction with other procedures such as rhinoplasty.
- After same-day discharge, swelling and discoloration are resolved by 1 week to 10 days. Normal activities can be resumed soon after and full contact sports can be re-introduced after 6 weeks.
Post Op Instructions