The Forehead Lift Strategy
To elevate the brows, smoothe wrinkles and re-awaken tired eyes.
The endoscopic approach utilizes several small incisions, telescopes, cameras and fine instruments to perform work on the forehead muscles to decrease wrinkles. The eyebrows are lifted and the scalp is secured into its new position with tiny screws or dissolvable retention clips.
The open approaches are just at, or within, the hairline for better camouflage. Forehead tissues are lifted to perform muscle work to decrease wrinkles, the forehead skin advanced the desired amount and the redundant skin removed. Incisions are closed with fine sutures and staples and a small rubber drain is placed under the skin to drain excess fluid.
As several procedures are available, depending upon the patient's goals, hairline, age, sex, skin quality and preference for incision placement, Dr. Zimm will determine which option is best for patients to choose during the consultation.
The Forehead Lift will not remove hooding of the eyelids due to excess of crêpey eyelid skin, reduce the signs of aging in the lower face or change skin texture or quality.
- Performed under general anesthesia at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, Forehead Lift surgery takes between 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It can easily be combined with other facial procedures and allows for patients to be discharged the same day.
- Recovery time is 10 to 14 days, at which point normal activities can be resumed.
- Travel plans can be resumed by day 9 of post-operative recovery.
- The Forehead Lift elevates the eyebrows to re-define the eyes and improve hooding of the upper eyelids. It smoothens deep furrows between the eyes, crow's feet and forehead wrinkles. This restores a more youthful, open-eyed look to older patients and a more dramatic appearance to younger patients with naturally low eyebrows. It also complements a blepharoplasty (eyelift) or facelift for more overall improvement.
- The Forehead Lift can diminish a tired, worried or angry look.
- The patient's desire for a more subtle or dramatic look, as well as the use of adjunctive procedures such as BOTOX cosmetic injections, temporary fillers, or laser resurfacing.
- Hair density, pattern, and forehead height.
- Skin elasticity and thickness.
- The patient's preference for endoscopic vs. open approach surgery.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Frequently asked questions
The ideal age varies depending on the procedure. Some surgeries, like rhinoplasty, are often performed in late teens or early twenties, while others are more common among older adults seeking anti-aging treatments.
When performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon in a accredited facility, plastic surgery is generally safe. However, all surgical procedures carry inherent risks, and individual factors also play a role in safety.
Recovery time varies depending on the procedure and individual healing abilities. Some treatments may have minimal downtime, while others may require several weeks of recuperation.
Skilled surgeons strive to provide natural-looking outcomes. Open communication with your surgeon about your expectations and goals is crucial for achieving the results you desire.
Most surgeries result in some scarring, but plastic surgeons aim to minimize scarring through careful incision placement and suturing techniques. Scar management post-surgery can also help.
The cost varies by procedure and location. We do not accept insurance.
It's crucial to select a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in the specific procedure you're interested in. Reading reviews, checking credentials, and scheduling consultations can help with this decision.