|Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery|
|Brow Lift / Forehead Lift|
|Otoplasty Ear Pinning|
PRIMARY RHINOPLASTY - NOSE JOB | Manhattan New York
Each year thousands of people undergo surgery of the nose. Nasal surgery may be performed for cosmetic purposes, or a combination procedure to improve both form and function. It also may alleviate or cure nasal breathing problems, correct deformities from birth or injury, or support an aging, drooping nose.
Patients who are considering nasal surgery for any reason should seek a doctor who is a specialist in nasal airway function, as well as plastic surgery. This will ensure that efficient breathing is as high a priority as appearance.
Can Cosmetic Nasal Surgery Create A "Perfect" Nose?
Aesthetic nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) refines the shape of the nose, bringing it into balance with the other features of the face. Because the nose is the most prominent facial feature, even a slight alteration can greatly improve appearance. (Some patients elect chin augmentation in conjunction with rhinoplasty to better balance their features.) Rhinoplasty alone cannot give you a perfect profile, make you look like someone else, or improve your personal life. Before surgery, it is very important that the patient have a clear, realistic understanding of what change is possible as well as the limitations and risks of the procedure.
Skin type, ethnic background, and age will be among the factors considered preoperatively by the surgeon. Except in cases of severe breathing impairment, young patients usually are not candidates until their noses are fully grown, at 15 or 16 years of age. Dr. Zimm will also discuss risk factors, which are generally minor, as well as where the surgery will be performed-in a hospital, freestanding outpatient surgical center, or a certified office operating room.
THE PRIMARY RHINOPLASTY
To surgically refine the nose's size and shape to create the most ideal nose proportions. By blending the nose in with the other facial features, harmony and beauty are created. This enhances the eyes which are the "portal of entry to the soul".
- Incisions are made in the inside of the nose, where they are not visible. In some cases incisions may be made in the area of the skin separating the nostrils.
- Underlying bone and cartilage are sculpted to create the nose's new shape.
- Skin is re-draped over the nose's new frame and all incisions are closed.
- After surgery is completed a small cast is placed on the nose to maintain the newly sculpted nasal framework in position. A very small absorbable dressing may be placed inside the nostrils for one day. Large packs are not used. Small internal plastic splints may be applied for additional support and are usually removed after 7 days.
- Rhinoplasty can reduce a nose that is too large, narrow a nose that is too wide, straighten a nose that is crooked, eliminate unsightly bumps, reshape the tip and improve the angle between the nose and the upper lip for a more youthful look.
- In certain noses, such as in Asian or African American, rhinoplasty can provide a stronger bridge, enhance tip definition and narrow the base for a more defined look.
- It can increase air flow where obstructions in the nose are causing breathing and sinus problems.
- It also decreases concerns and renews one's self-confidence once an undesirable feature has been corrected.
- Rhinoplasty is a very detailed procedure. The ultimate result depends to a great extent on how your skin heals. Improvement, not perfection, is the goal.
- How your skin heals.
- The degree of nasal refinement desired.
- The level of function of nasal structures.
- The structure of the nose, both internally and externally.
- How the shape of the nose relates to the overall contour of your face and specific facial features.
- Whether chin augmentation or reduction, in addition to rhinoplasty, may benefit the overall profile.
- Skin texture and thickness.
- Rhinoplasty takes between 2 to 3 hours to complete and is done at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat
- Hospital typically under general anesthesia.
- Full daily activities can be resumed within 2 weeks of surgery, strenuous exercise within 3 weeks and contact sports, diving or weight lifting after 6 weeks. Also, you can travel (even by airplane) by day 8 of your recovery, and eyeglasses can be worn on the bridge of the nose after 6 weeks.
- Small residual swelling can persist for several weeks and the final refinement can take several months to a full year to settle depending on the thickness and quality of your skin.
|Revision Rhinoplasty||The Youth Rhinoplasty||The Rejuvenation Rhinoplasty|
Non-Surgical (Injectable) Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
A non-surgical or injectable rhinoplasty is a viable option for people who would like to enhance the appearance of their nose and face without surgery. It primarily functions to camouflage small imperfections in the nasal tip as well as a small bump on the nasal bridge. Dr. Zimm uses dermal fillers such as Juvederm®, Restylane®, or Radiesse® to achieve smooth and natural results. It is performed as an office procedure using topical numbing cream and typical takes 15-30 minutes with minimal discomfort. You will see the results in real time as its being performed!
Dr. Zimm believes it’s important to involve his patients actively during the process. As a result, he will have his patients look in the mirror to see the immediate results during the procedure and provide feedback in real time. Click here to learn more about the non-surgical injectable rhinoplasty (nose job).