5 Things to Know About Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
You may have heard it described as the “vampire lift” or “vampire facial.” Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is created by taking a sample of your blood, spinning it down in a centrifuge thereby extracting the growth factors and stem cells, and then giving it back to you in a concentrated form targeting the areas you want to treat.
Here are 5 things that are really exciting about this treatment!:
- You are using your own stuff – Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is created from your own blood. So, no need to go out and get someone else’s blood nor incur the risks associated with putting someone else’s blood into your body.
- It’s not a filler – though it can be used in conjunction with fillers as well as facelifts and other procedures.
- PRP is a rejuvenator – it stimulates male and female hair growth, volumizes and refreshes your skin, improves the overall texture of your skin, and even helps to smooth out wrinkles.
- There is minimal downtime – you typically go in for 2 to 3 treatments spacing your visits roughly 4 to 6 weeks apart with no need to stay in bed afterward or miss out on work or other fun activities.
- Think of it more as a “victimless” vampire rejuvenation – you’re taking your own blood, extracting the best ingredients from it, and giving them back to yourself in a concentrated form while targeting specific areas that will enhance your appearance, beauty, and vivaciousness.