What is CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
C02 is a Carbon Dioxide laser that has been used for more than 25 years in the Aesthetic Industry for treatment of skin conditions such as fine and coarse wrinkles, scars of various origin, uneven pigmentation and dilated pores. When a CO2 beam of light comes in contact with the epidermis it heats and vaporizes the skin tissue, instantly removing the superficial layers of the skin, scars and wrinkles while smoothing out the surface of the skin. This skin remodeling occurs with new skin and collagen growth.
Fractional Skin Resurfacing and its Benefits
Fractional Skin Resurfacing is a Revolutionary Delivery System that increases the possibilities for busy people who want healthy, younger looking skin with minimal pain in short period of time. It combines the benefits of a CO2 laser with a micro spot size of 300 microns that can treat 20-100% of the scanned area. Using a computerized pattern generator and a new scanning algorithm, thermal heat is dispersed within the epidermis while evenly treating damaged areas. This particular algorithm dramatically reduces pain, the need for anesthesia, and recovery time. Single treatments can show a significant improvement in skin texture and color.
- Erythema (redness of skin); the laser-treated areas have a distinctive redness representing increased blood flow due to the growth of the superficial tissue and collagen. It will gradually fade during the first two days.
- Inflammation (swelling); Treatment presents a minimal amount of swelling that can last up to 24 hours.
- Hyperpigmentation (tanning); this is presented after the third day of the procedure but then begins to shed and reveal younger healthy looking skin.
- A personal interview and clinical examination will be conducted to obtain relevant facts about our medical and dermatologic history, and any medications you are currently taking or have taken in the recent past.
- If you are prone to cold sores, you need to ask your doctor for an antivirus prescription before the treatment.
- Fractional Treatment has been proven safe for the face, neck, chest and hands
Frequently asked questions
The ideal age varies depending on the procedure. Some surgeries, like rhinoplasty, are often performed in late teens or early twenties, while others are more common among older adults seeking anti-aging treatments.
When performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon in a accredited facility, plastic surgery is generally safe. However, all surgical procedures carry inherent risks, and individual factors also play a role in safety.
Recovery time varies depending on the procedure and individual healing abilities. Some treatments may have minimal downtime, while others may require several weeks of recuperation.
Skilled surgeons strive to provide natural-looking outcomes. Open communication with your surgeon about your expectations and goals is crucial for achieving the results you desire.
Most surgeries result in some scarring, but plastic surgeons aim to minimize scarring through careful incision placement and suturing techniques. Scar management post-surgery can also help.
The cost varies by procedure and location. We do not accept insurance.
It's crucial to select a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in the specific procedure you're interested in. Reading reviews, checking credentials, and scheduling consultations can help with this decision.